A New Year in California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
January 2nd 2009
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.6775, -118.002

California here we come!

There is something about California that I just love. It sucks me in. Maybe it's the palm trees, the beach or maybe the mountains.... the desert? Maybe it's all that. We arrived to sunshine and temps in the 60s!!!

While in California we stayed with Steve's Dad and Donna, thanks! The weather was great the first few days but then the fog came in and never really went away.... bummer.

Frank and Donna took us to the Crystal Cathedral to see the Glory of Christmas. It was an amazing production. Flying angels, live animals including horses and camels... wow.

When hung out with Shelley, Matt and Adelaine. Monday night Steve's Mom and Richard came to Shelley and Matt's. It was so great to see everyone.

We saw Gran Torino. The latest Clint Eastwood flick. Highly recommended. It's about a retired auto worker in Highland Park. Good movie.

We did a bit more shopping at Fashion Island. Bought some much needed Levi's! Yeah! Steve even popped into Home Depot.

Tuesday night we drove down to San Diego to have dinner with a friend from Ann Arbor that moved to the Pfizer site in La Jolla. We went to Old Town and had real Mexican.... not something you can get in England.

For new years we went to an Italian restaurant with Frank and Donna, Shelley and Matt and two friends of Frank and Donna's. It was really good. Then we went back to Shelley and Matt's for a drink with Dianne, Richard and Kami. We also played some Rock Band to bring in the new year.

New years day we spent at the beach. It was nice although still a bit foggy. Steve built sand castles with Adelaine. Matt brought his kites so he, Steve and Adelaine flew for a while.

It was great to see all of Steve's family in California. It had been a while since we were there so it was good to spend time. Adelaine is getting so big and such a funny kid. Just love her.

After 21 hours from door to door (11.5 in the air) we are home safe. We have our Tiny Dog that we missed so much.

Happy new year to everyone. Miss you all already!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb