Montereys Coast = Too Many Secrets (from the movie Sneakers)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
August 9th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Two 1-of-a-kindsTwo 1-of-a-kindsTwo 1-of-a-kinds

Krysten in the foreground with the Lone Cypress in the background

Day 5 - August 9, 2006


We headed down the coast to Monterey. We visited the aquarium first. (Make sure you buy tickets in advance; we didn't and we paid dearly for the privilege!). This was a great aquarium, we especially enjoyed the otters, penguins, and viewing the fish in the special round viewing tanks. The tuna and sunfish were huge! (Lots of monkey dip with those tuna!) The rays were really cool as well, and they even look cool from the underside, like a smiley face.

We ate a late lunch at Jersey's. Scott really enjoyed his cheesesteak sandwich, but stay away from the scallops and chips. The pizza was very cheesey and good. Austin enjoyed his 2 visits to Dipping Dots (ice cream). We did a bit of shopping along Cannery Row, and then proceeded to 17 Mile Drive.

Along the drive, we only hit the highlights: Bird Rock, Seal Rock, Cypress Point (where Austin found his stick), Ghost Tree, and the Lone Cypress. What a beautiful place! We also made a quick stop at Pebble Beach Golf Club. It was one of the better bathroom stops.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

JellyfishJellyfish
Jellyfish

The jellyfish display was extremely well done, allowing you to get up close to these fascinating creatures
Sardines galoreSardines galore
Sardines galore

The circular tanks make for interesting viewing
Friendly SquirrelFriendly Squirrel
Friendly Squirrel

All of the birds and squirrels along the drive were very used to having human companionship


14th August 2006

Hi Roundys!
Hi guys, we just looked at all of these beautiful pictures!! We were a little slow geeting to them as we've had an extra eight people in our house for a few days. Thanks for taking such great pictures and sharing them. We've never been out West!! Have a great time and don't miss us all too much! :) HeeeHeee!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb