Day One – At Sea off the California Coast – Clock Set forward one hour at 0200


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
December 5th 2012
Published: January 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to living with a Weight Watcher’s Leader and Fitness Instructor. Everyone else is upstairs killin’ Jimmy, and us? Same program (for those of you in our fitness class): In the gym at 0715 jacking weights and the regular routine, plus two miles on the elliptical, another 10 on the bike, and then two miles running the top deck of the ship. Carol demands this to counter-effect the impact of Jimmy. Good news is we purchased a “Spa Pass” for the trip to recover from these torture sessions…. Steam bath, sauna, surround-style showers and these awesome heated concrete recliners for resting the weary bones….. And THEN Jimmy! Other than that, just chillin’ on our balcony all day, reading good books and relaxing in the fog and sunshine. High 60’s today and promises of 85 or so when we hit Cabo Wabo. The Captain comes on every day at eight bells of the Mid-Watch (aka Noon or 1200 hours for the land lubbers) to address the passengers with his 24-hour navigation and position report, and told us we will have traveled some 450 miles of the 9,000-some we are traveling on the ship, by dusk today. The fog’s back in and it’s getting chilly outside now. The Star Princess is now heading 141 degrees True in calm seas and light winds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb