Day Two – At Sea off the Coast of Mexico


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
December 6th 2012
Published: January 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Another foggy-to-sunny day today with one big change – Temperature has gone from the mid-50’s to the mid-70’s. Sea temperature matches the air temperature as we head south toward the Equator. After our workout, we headed up to the Sun Deck and just chilled while reading our books and drinking iced lattes all afternoon in the warm sun. Breeze freshened late in the afternoon so we headed back to our balcony, only to be met by a huge pod of dolphins cruising down the starboard side of the ship – they came right along-side and traveled the length of the ship, and then threw us a flying salute and headed away toward Hawaii – Sailors for centuries have considered this Good Luck!



Had a great formal dinner with some new friends from New Zealand (husband is a North Island fire and SAR guy no less) we met at a special event for veteran cruisers with the ship’s Captain (Thank God he is a VERY serious Brit and not a copy of the ‘Chicken of the Sea’ like the dude from the Costa Concordia), saw a Broadway show and a really funny ventriloquist (think Jeff Denham with no censor) before lights out. Have steamed just about 1,000 miles already.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb