Day 2 - Disneyland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
January 24th 2012
Published: January 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We finished off last night with dinner at a great little Asain place around the corner from Rodeo Drive which was a short walk from the hotel. The two highlights were that we saw the Beverly Hills police station on the way (the scene of three of the best movies ever), and secondly the restaurant had an NBA double header on their TV.



Woke up early this morning to collect our hire car as we were spending the day at Disneyland. It's a good 45 minute drive so cabs weren't an option and it would be a good experience to drive on the "wrong" side of the road. That was all great in theory until I picked the car up, got lost en route back to the hotel to pick up Lauren and arrived an hour late. Not bad considering the hotel was only 1 mile from where the hire car place was.



So we began and well initially I thought the crazy rides were only going to be at the theme pack, that was until Lauren decided that the Navman was wrong and that her directions were better. Around in circles we went! Almost marriage over in 3 days!!



We got to Disneyland and driving was less stressful that I thought after the early hiccups. I had been to Disneyland when I was 7 and didn't remember too much until I walked through the main gates and all of a sudden I started to remember things. It really is a great place and one that is not limited to any age. We both said that it's probably the only place in the world where you can be 60 and walk around with Mickey Mouse ears and nobody will think you need medication.



Loz was keen to go on the rides and I'm glad we did, they are not your standard rides like at the Melbourne show, there is so much attention to detail and you sit there and are amazed at how much time it would have taken to create them. Each one obviously tells a story and we both loved the Indiana Jones and the Pirates of the Caribbean ones. The queues are quite long but they move quickly, probably about 15-20 mins for each ride but everyone seems happy to do it.



After basically seeing everything we could possibly see, we arrived at our last ride and my favourite moment, Splash Mountain. Lauren wasn't too well prepared with a white t-shirt on and despite my best wishes, unfortunately it never really got wet. However the photo that they take as you head down the mountain was great, her face was priceless. We started to head out and managed to pick up a few presents for Brodie and Lily. We were also given a present of our own which I will show below.



Made the long trip home and this time it probably took twice as long, as they say LA traffic is bad. Although it was good to see the city lights at night from the freeway.



Arrived back safely and had a great day. Snuck in some authentic American food for dinner (McDonalds) and don't think I can eat another big mac for a while after that. Lauren just wanted a cheeseburger meal, but was told that they only sell those meals with two cheeseburgers instead of one. When she asked for one, the girl looked at her like she was an alien.



So big day, it's 8.30pm and we're buggered. Tomorrow we're off to stay in Hollywood for three nights so looking forward to it although I hope the new hotel is as good as this one. Maybe we've been lucky so far but the service wherever we've gone as been brilliant (probably because they're working for tips).



A couple of photos attached, Sally no high heel slippers there, maybe that was just Lily's imagination but hope these hats are ok!

Advertisement



25th January 2012

Lily read this all by herself! She looked at the ears and said \"wooooooow!!!\" with her eyes lighting up! Very excited!! Can\'t wait to see more pics!

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb