And then there were three...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
March 13th 2005
Published: March 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Straight to the bar...Straight to the bar...Straight to the bar...

Who says Scots are hardened drinkers???
The drive up from Mammoth Lakes is only about three hours so we stopped off at Mono Lake and then tried to have breakfast at the Whoa Nellie Deli at Lee Vining - as recommended by Lonely Planet - however it was shut - perhaps they should update their books to let you know that certain stuff is seasonal....

The motel we were staying has chnaged it's name since we made the booking - nice of them to let us know...

Went back to Fire & Ice for dinner and cocktails!! Food was just as good as last year...Had to go home to get our ID for MCP's, no stamp - no service - no ID - no stamp. Used to think that it was flattering but now it's just a pain, however, policy was policy. One drink later and we're at home!!!

The motel was really noisy overnight - our upstairs neighbours sounded like a herd of elephants... So we moved out the next morning and into Doc's Cottages across the road and across the stateline - so we're now staying in Nevada.

Both Gilly and I had different times for other Gill's flight arriving at Reno - and neither of us had flight numbers - so we played it safe and arrived in time for the earliest flight and ended up hanging around in Reno airport for a couple of hours, watching people play slot machines (thankfully we are saving all or quarters for the laundry -so we couldn't participate...)

Gill's flights had gone ok, however her main bag had managed to end up in New Orleans via Indianapolis. Once we had completed the necessary documents it was back to Doc's.

Luggage should arrive some time today. Meanwhile Gill has gone up the mountain in my snow wear - as I'm having another day off to let my twisted ankle recover - injury achieved on soild ground and whilst sober in Mammoth...maybe God is trying to let me know that snow is not for me!!!



Advertisement



13th March 2005

Keep the chat coming!
Don't worry if the snow is not for you... we are all ready here for your visit to the tropics! Pool, Singapore Slings and jungles are all waiting for the Scottish Travellers... provided you don't sprain any more ankles, run Chuck into any more holes or venture down too many dangerous black slopes! Keep the chat coming and the vodka flowing (if you can stay awake late enough that is!) - Jenny Burbury
21st March 2005

Love the photos!
We are all very jealous here of Chuck! The photos are great..., could you try to look any more more relaxed?! - Jenny Burbury

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb