Day 4 - Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 8th 2010
Published: July 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a day of looking around some of the local shops. We can't get over the fact that at every set of traffic lights you come across there are shops there. I'm sure it isn't like that all over America but it is quite amazing how many shops there are here.
The first thing we did today was go and buy Dad his peanut brittle - he better love it!!!!
Then we were on a mission to buy the girls a new camera. We went to Best Buy up the road from us but it wasn't open yet - not opening till later this month. Then we went to a few other shops including a $1 shop. EVERYTHING in the shop is $1, from photo frames to frozen meals to lollies and chocolate, books and party gear and the list goes on and on and on.
The next place we went to was The Block - it was kind of like Harbour Town. Nice clothing and shoes there - soooo much to choose from. We didn't buy much but was good just to look around. A big highlight for Stu was seeing the VANS indoor skatepark, he was very impressed with it.
Then we drove on and found a Walmart where we got a camera for the girls, they were very happy...
We had dinner at Azteca's tonight and it was great. I had a chicken toscada salad and Stu had a burrito thingee.
Tomorrow we are off to San Diego Wild Animal Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Photo 26Photo 26
Photo 26

Stu couldn't believe the price of these. Back home they are $99.99 and here they are $19.99. We'll be taking one of those home!


9th July 2010
Dani's deep fried ice-cream dessert. YUMMO

yummo
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. i just gotta have one of them
9th July 2010

Great times
Looks like you are all having lots of fun xx
9th July 2010

It is good to see you are all enjoying your holiday, that bike is definatey for you Stew, but how will you fit it in your suitcase? and i think i will have some blue shoes LOL
9th July 2010
What colour would you like those in?

Shoes
I'll take one in every colour au6 hehehehe they're hot
9th July 2010
My dinner

that looks sooo good. So does dani's mmm

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb