USA! USA! USA!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
August 25th 2009
Published: August 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Better late than never! Thought we'd better let you all know we are still alive now we have arrived in Fiji and don't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to use the internet - Maybe were just tight! Well we are both half Scottish.

San Francisco was quality, the highlights being a trip to Alcatraz, cycling over the Golden Gate bridge and back and watching the Giants beat the Dodgers at baseball - i managed to burn my forehead much to Christine's delight!

Vegas was all we expected and more - we didnt really go on the tables as i shit out! Stuck to the slot machines and took advantage of the free drinks - we really are tight. The Grand canyon was superb, i was a little dodgey whilst up in the air but managed not to fill the free party bag!. We stayed overnight on a ranch near the canyon and was royally enetertained by cowboy billy!

Nearly forgot to mention during our last night in Vegas we stayed at Planet Hollywood and watched Shaquille O'Neill fight Oscar De La Hoya in some celebrity match from our room. Hilarious.

Anyway i'm passing over to Christine now to fill you in on LA and Fiji so far.

Hi everyone!Well here goes about LA! We stayed in Santa Monica which was lovely, gorgeous beach (we even had a go on muscle beach neither of us have good muscles so that was quite funny!). LA is quite difficult to get around if you don't have a car - it's huge!! so we ended up paying out quite a bit to go on a Hollywood tour! We saw the walk of fame, the famous sign and a few celebrity haunts so it was worth the money (we say through gritted teeth!!) We also saw Kings Of leon who were amazing!! The area the venue was in was a bit rough though so getting to and from there was an experience!! anyway we survived!

We're currently in Fiji which is a world away from America! You don't have to tip for a start! which we were very pleased about and it's very chilled and quite basic! We're in Nadi today which isn't the best but we're off on a boat trip for 5 days to the Yasawa Islands which are supposed to be lovely so looking forward to that!! It's not all bad though we managed to squeeze in 3 hours of sunbathing today by the pool this is the life :-).

Hope you're all well, missing us loads and suitably jealous! We're missing you too xx

Ps There would be more photos but the pc is playing up!

Catch you soon

Ps The internet is rubbish over here, seems to process the footy scores wrong, so far Everton have lost 6-1 to Arsenal and 1-0 to Burnley that cant be right!

Advertisement



25th August 2009

Alcatraz!
I know the prison is closed now but I thought they'd keep you in at least one night Apples!!!! (I thought I'd get that in before anyone else) Glad to hear you're enjoying yourselves. I'm also surprised you didn't go on the tables. You did say to me you were going to put all your spends on black didn't you? All the best and keep us posted. Si. PS. There is something wrong with football on Merseyside at the mo. Still the upside is that at least Everton and Liverpool will be up for a title challenge next year in the championship.
25th August 2009

Hi Mark and Christine, Great to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying yourslves. It doesn't seem possible youve been gone for two weeks already. Everyone is well here. Dick is due back from Cyprus today. Missing you loads. Looking forward to your next message. Take care. Love to you both. Love Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
25th August 2009

Unbelievable
Can that be right? Christine in shorts? America is certainly having an effect! Aunty Margaret says you look great - keep it up! Yes, we are jealous, it's been raining ever since you left. It stopped briefly this morning and then made up for it. But never mind, United won at the weekend. And the Ashes are ours - please tell the Australians they need to give us a proper game next time, and not roll over and die. Lovely to hear all your news, and that you are both enjoying yourselves, Love Chris and Margaret.
15th September 2009

you tightarses!!!!!
Hey up dudes! There's a real theme going through your blog and that's all about the cash! Apples you got a right royal payoff from the Coop, treat the lady properly!!!! Although there's nowt wrong with a tight woman ;-) Anyway, it all sounds pretty good and similar to our trip to California. We stayed right by the walk of fame, and yeah you're right, it's not the best area. And we also did the cheesey tour including all the famous people's houses. Except when we did ours, we saw Michael Jackson's house before he died! I've had a right busy few weeks. Me Caz and Amelia had 4 days in Portugal at the end of August. Janet and Dom and one of his kids were there too so the kids were occupied. Had a really good time, just too short. Got back for the 20 week scan, and looks like it's another girl!!!! Then I flew out to Australia with work. Had the most amazing week. The place we were staying was beautiful, had its own private beach. After 5 days doing all the work stuff I had a day's scuba on the barrier reef. Did 3 dives which was awesome. Forgotten just how much I love it. Then did 24 hours in Sydney. Got really lucky with the weather and also some amazing pictures of the sunset through the harbour bridge. Also got up at 6am to see the sunrise over the Opera House which was pretty special. And then just walked miles before heading home. Landed in Manchester 10am and was at my desk for 12!!!!! And now back to reality and I'm sat at my desk wishing I was somewhere else. Anyway I suppose I better do some work. Keep the updates coming, I'll email again at some point. Oh yeah, I'm guessing about now you're on the verge of splitting up or you're about to pop the question! I reckon it's pop the question, and if it's not happened yet, it will do soon! Or maybe you had a quickie in las Vegas? And I don't mean your usual performance between the sheets boom, boom!!!! Sorry mate, couldn't resist embarrassing you, or maybe you can hide this from your lovely missus! Right, that's it, keep enjoying it and will be in touch. Pilko.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb