Hollywood or bust.......a brief interlude.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
December 24th 2008
Published: December 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After the deep dark scarey jungle, Kevin heads towards the bright lights of Hollywood to meet the girl of the moment after a brief break from her................ahhhhhhhhhh.
I rejoined with Wendy and we spent 2 nights on board the Queen Mary, which is smashing, well worth the visit and very cheap.
We then stayed in our first ever hostel, sharing room space with upto 4 other people, no problem.
It was Haloween during our stay just off Sunset and there was plenty of partying going down, and many varied costumes to be shown off.
Unfortunately someone did'nt go home that night, only the morgue, not good.
We spent some time at Universal studios and had a great time, exept when I wanted breakfast and everything was shut. I forgot to change my watch for daylight saving, how silly of me.
The rides are as good as usual, we liked the Simpsons ride, which we did first.
We did the usual walk up and down the 'Walk of Fame', but this was already done when we did the states tour with Trek America.
Its a bit run down now, I guess thier fealing the pinch, although there is some construction work going on.
We did an open top bus tour of the famous houses, during a thunderstorm, fantastic.
We were biding our time until our flight to Fiji.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Be warnedBe warned
Be warned

this was for the Haloween nightime.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb