5th and 6th May 2013


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

5th May 2013

Woke up to cloudy, overcast day. Bit of a shock, just assumed it would be sunny.

Another fellow biker turned up to stay, from Sweden, 6'8" riding a KTM.The 4 of us went out for a ride, via route 66. Took the obligatory photo sitting in the road by the sign, but had to leg it as cop car coming, got a blast of his siren as he sped by!(can't currently download photos until we either buy the right leads and work out how to do it, or we use a proper computer). Rode on to the world famous Newcomb Ranch - famous only to Jimmy T - a challenging but fun ride up the Angeles Crest Highway, via the San Andreas fault. Unfortunately, due to the weather it was pretty cold and the cloud really closed in up there as its around 5000 feet. Passed the air ambulance picking up another biker who got it wrong, always a little sobering. James, riding his DR650 flies down those roads, he knows them so well, it takes us a little longer! It was around 130 odd mile run and a good lesson on getting used to the bikes, which I suspect was the idea.

All went out to a Mexican restaurant for enchilladas and a couple of jugs of Margeritas and finished off the evening back in the hot tub with whisky.



6th May 2013

Actually raining this morning. Off to Walmart with the boys in the car and purchased a GPS and local mobile phone. Then off to the Cycle Gear shop, around a 20 mile journey, to pick up the boots we'd requested for me, only to find that although they were marked a size 7, they were tiny, around a 4! Not happy.

Returned back to the house, packed all our stuff (including all the colder gear) and left the Tuckers place. Planned to stop in at Chapperells cycle gear store en route to Joshua Tree National Park. Went the wrong way, and what should have been a 20 minute journey, took 2 and a half hours!! - and that's with the GPS!!! Not boding well. Decided to head for Yucca valley and just find a motel. Was crazy windy off the mountains, and quite a struggle to keep the bikes upright, not fun. Found the motel and booked in around 8pm - all the luxuries of coffee and internet, and 2 queen size beds!

Advertisement



7th May 2013

Up to date
Did you know that we are up to date
9th May 2013

Heavens!!!
We're very impressed, was that with Robbie's help? Hope you find it interesting xxx

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb