Snow Day!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Yucaipa
February 6th 2008
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is what our new yard looks like!This is what our new yard looks like!This is what our new yard looks like!

Dave and Wanda are behind the big truck, and then we're next to them.

(Oak Glen Christian Conference Center)

This is the first day we’ve been on the internet since we got here. Bob has been getting our signal booster hooked up, and that was great, but we had a storm on Saturday night and it knocked out the main signal to the camp. They said it was snow on the receiving dish, so we had to wait for the snow to melt! Saturday it rained most of the day, and then in the evening it turned to ice. Now I know the term sleet, but this was more like ice…it was icing. It dropped little slivers of ice. And that’s not even counting the ice that was dropping off the needles on the pine trees. Sunday morning it was snowing over the ice, but when we got about halfway down the mountain it was raining, and there was no sign of ice or snow! After church we headed back up, and at about the same place it turned back into snow! And it is so very beautiful.

Have I told you that we have a new couple? Frank and Marilyn from Rochester, Minnesota. They will be with us for
The front wall of the chapel. The front wall of the chapel. The front wall of the chapel.

The ladder is a 12' ladder~~that gives you some idea of the height.
this project only, so it’s fun to get to know them. The rest of the crew is the same as at Victory Ranch. The group picture will come later.

We are painting in the chapel…the building is an A frame, and we’re painting the front wall a soft taupe. Very pretty. The men have divided into groups and are working mostly on plumbing, in several of the mobile homes that are used as quarters for staff.

The grounds are covered with trees, with paths wandering throughout the area, but when you come new to a camp and the ground is covered with snow, there are no paths~~today the snow melted quite a bit, and the paths are appearing. (It’s the kind of day that makes me glad I’m not still on recess duty, because there would have been snowballs being thrown….the snow just begged for it!) It was very slick today, and several people fell, thankfully none from our group. The head of housekeeping broke her wrist and will need surgery.

Let’s get to pictures…



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

This path leads to the meditation area,This path leads to the meditation area,
This path leads to the meditation area,

but I haven't seen anyone use it! There are things in glass cases around the seats, but I haven't gone up to look at it....you'll see more pictures of this area!
Ok, this is the last snow picture.Ok, this is the last snow picture.
Ok, this is the last snow picture.

at least for today! Probably those of you who've had sooo much snow and cold this winter don't think it's as pretty as I do!


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb