Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Drove over to the Yosemite National Park today. WOW!! We started in the Mariposa Grove of the Giant Sequoias. Then we were trying to get to Yosemite Valley so we could look around the museum before checking out the other awesome sights!! There was a LOT of road construction, and of course, it's a 2 lane road, so we were stopped or driving 10 mph quite a bit of the way. During one of the lengthy stops, Glenn got out of the car, and so did the driver in front of us...he told us to be sure to check out Glacier Point, as the view from there was fabulous. We were at the turn for it at the time, but were running short on time, so we headed for the Valley instead. We arrived and went through their museum and "mock" indian village. It's always sad to think how the indians were forced from their land...these were sent to a reservation, then were able to return but most worked for the hotels, or as guides for tourists...as I said...sad...

Anyway, over to the Yosemite Falls next. WOW!!! Not only were the falls still running this time of year (usually they've dried-up by this time), but it was really hot out and nearly everybody was climbing into the river below to cool off...us included!!! We sat on a boulder and cooled our feet off...it was the BEST!!!

Refreshed, we decided we should go back up to Glacier Point to watch the sunset. It was really hazy by that time, so while we could see most of the "main" attractions of the park from their, it wasn't great for photography...so we didn't stay until sunset after all...

Had to go back to the village to avoid the construction, so we went out through Mariposa. When we finally arrived there, we stopped at the restaurant for dinner. So did everybody else from the park 😊 It was kind of fun to listen to the various accents of all the tourists while we ate dinner. We got back to the coach at about 11pm...long day 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Clouds...Clouds...
Clouds...

We thought by the cloud formations that we would have an afternoon thunder storm, but not a drop of rain in sight!! Not even any thunder...
Merced RiverMerced River
Merced River

You could rent rafts at the Yosemite Store to float the river...reminded me so much of the Yakima River in summer!!


28th July 2010

wow
hey..you are doing a great job with this blog..I'm lovin it thanks
29th July 2010

Thanks!
That is HIGH praise, coming from my photographer pal!!!

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb