Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After many days of no Wi-Fi and then my laptop crashing (which to my dismay we had to replace) I am finally back on with news of our travels. I will have to catch you up little by little as we are on the move again tomorrow. After San Francisco we went to Lake Tahoe and I absolutely fell in love with this place. Me, who hates cold weather and snow decided I could endure even that, to be close to this lake. They had a beautiful April up here but it turned cold and snowed several times while we were there. After the snows the sun would come out and all was beautiful again. This lake is the bluest water on the face of the earth. We cruised for 2 hours one day and I've never enjoyed a cruise as much as this one. There aren't words to convey the beauty of this water. The lake is on an average 1000 ft. deep and up to 1620 in places. No bad stuff lives in it because it stays cold all year round even though the temps. are in the 80's in the summer. Next to the gulf coast this is my slice of heaven. Too bad it is so expensive to live up here, it would be so fun to live here. Everything you could want in both winter and summer fun.

We went to Yosemite Park on the following Sunday(just before Memorial Day) but the crowds were awful and we couldn't park to get out and see anything. We took some really good pictures on the fly and then decided to go back on Tuesday. Monday we went down to Sequoia National Park and enjoyed all the giant Sequoia's and Redwoods. We went on a tour with the ranger (1 hour) and that proved to be most informative. All in all it was a glorious day and one to be remembered. Tuesday at Yosemite was much better and we were able to do all we planned to do. We have way too many pictures of these 3 days but please enjoy them just half as much as we did. The weather here was much warmer during the day but cool at night, very enjoyable. I'll blog again from Utah and catch you up with our Las Vegas adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb