Party at the Country property


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Vacaville
April 23rd 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.3514, -121.993

Head up to Vacaville to Paul and Kjersten's country property where they will be having a party on Sunday where they will be grilling the last of the lamb that was killed by coyotes. Kjersten had created a beautiful bower for us to set our tent up in and it was perfect for listening to the birds in the early morning. Good chance for us to try out the new tent and figure out where we will be putting all our things.
The first evening we had a light supper and then sat out by a wonderful fire and visited before calling it an early evening.
The next morning had oranges and grapefruit from their trees along with cheese and toast. Did a walk around the perimeter checking out the native oak trees Kjersten had planted from seeds. Saw quail, unidentified raptor and some red winged blackbirds as we walked around.
They have grapefruit, orange, almond, apricot, pecan, peach, apple and possibly one or two more varieties planted and all are doing quite well.
The party was very nice, fairly small group of people but lots of delicious food and interesting conversations. Had been a busy day for all of us so we did not stay up too late.




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb