Life at the Cottage by the Sea


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Berkeley
April 21st 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.8695, -122.271

Thursday, April 21
Start heading back to Berkeley after stopping in Santa Rosa at the REI where we bought a Midori tent that has about the same footprint as the Base Camp 6 and the Rolling Meadows tents. The good news is according to the specs, it weighs 10 pounds. When we got back to the Outlet and set it up and weighed it, nope, it was 13 pounds but still is lighter.
We took the Coast Highway back down to the city and the drive was spectacular and traffic was light and so we were able to pull out several times to enjoy the view. Stopped at our favorite store in Gualala and got a few groceries so we would not have to leave the Outlet once we got there.

Friday April 22
Was a rainy day and we spent the morning washing clothes and packing the tent bag. Things are looking good as far as the weight limit is concerned. Sure we will be able to max it out. Then it was time to turn the car in to the Oakland airport and this was done with no problem.
Took the shuttle from the car rental place to the airport and got
scenes around Berkeleyscenes around Berkeleyscenes around Berkeley

riding the Bart
on the people mover that took you across the freeway and over to the Coliseum BART station. From there got on the BART heading to Ashby station and walked back to the Outlet.
Laura tripped on uneven sidewalk and hurt left wrist but no torn pants or skinned knees. Found a nice splint wrap to wear to let it have time to heal. Must be able to drive once we reach Kruger!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

scenes around Berkeleyscenes around Berkeley
scenes around Berkeley

walking to the Berkeley Bowl for groceries


Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb