Muir Woods & Sausalito


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sausalito
August 29th 2012
Published: August 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Went for a little walk this morning in the stunning Muir Woods, well it was suposed to be a short jaunt of about a mile, which we thought would be a nice start to the day - how we end up getting lost and walking for about 3 1/2 miles I have no idea, but thats what happened Mr 'I am not to blame' says it's my fault because I said lets go that way, we will have to have words!! But it was worth it the trees were unbelievable - so tall it was hard to take it all in! The tallest tree in the woods is 258feet (79m) tall.

Muir Woods was saved from destruction by loggers, after a couple purchased the land to save the Redwoods being destroyed in the early 1900's, it is now a protected park thankfully.

We then visited Sausalito, a very pretty town by the water, with great views across the bay to San Francisco. had an Italian for lunch, which was washed down with a lovely glass of white wine mmmmm. Weather was smashing again, so warm & sunny.

Watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean from our balcony, with a couple of beers priceless!!

Visited our 'local' pub tonight, got talking to the Irish owner, Larry, very nice man kept buying us drinks ! Happy days or it was until I woke up the next morning ouch!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Muir WoodsMuir Woods
Muir Woods

If a tree falls in a forest & no-one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb