Starting spring in Santa Cruz


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Cruz
March 25th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We took the usual trip up to Santa Cruz from Los Angeles except this time it was in the beginning of Spring. Driving on highway 101 was a totally different experience from other times, although we followed almost the exact same path. Some people say that seeing the Pacific Ocean besides the road makes one feel scared, almost like it can crash in to the path at any moment. I wasn't really afraid of that though, the only thing that scared me is myself starring into where the ocean and the sky meet for too long. It's an addicting and hypnotizing feeling. When we reached Santa Barbara the sun wise just rising in the east and our stomachs were starting to growl. So we stopped by a local mexican restaurant and feasted on a hot breakfast burrito. After a short drive still on the 101 we reached Pismo beach which was tourist free for the first time i have ever seen. Only one surfer was out by the pier, which seemed pretty stupid to me considering a rainstorm passed not even an hour before. We finally reached Santa Cruz in mid afternoon, got a cheap one star motel by the board walk(best location), and I did the local things so don't remember much more after that.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb