The end of frisco and the start of santa cruz...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Cruz
August 5th 2008
Published: August 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi the second installment of the blog!
Well yesterday we started off getting up early going to the north beach area to the city lights book store, where jack kerouac and allen ginsberg grew with their populairty and city lights was the first book store to publish and stock their material!
I purchased some items :-)
Then we went to the greyhound bus terminal and sorted our tickets out, which was boring as hell but also necessary!
We had lunch at a "cafe" pizza slices all round! Very filling and...cheap!
We then went to Coit tower which is a monumnet to firemen built in the 19th century amazing view of city, with interesting frescos below.
We then got the bus across town to look at the golden gate bridge (without the fog) it was AMAZING.
Then we accidentally went the wrong was on the bus goign otu of san francisco but we quickly got off and went back towards!
We dropped our stuff off then went to china town had the most filling massive 7 dish meal ever which me and sam barely could eat to our mistake, was awesome though, lots of kinky little shops sellign lots of amazing things :-)
Then we got a drink at starbucks and went back to the hostel! I had a philosophical debate about the mexican reveloutionary movement with a mexican guy and then we went to sleep after this guy complained he wanted to sleep!
The next day we had to get up early and got the greyhound to santa cruz, lots of funyn characters a schizopherenic and a cross dresser and lots more!
The journey was slow but we listened to tool. We got to our hostel around 5 pm, its amazing and lovely, free food!!!
We then spent the evening on the board walk and beach walking up and down whilst sun went down it was beautiful!
Phone still is messed up.
Hi to Rozie I love you so much.

Hope everyone is fine.

Jamie

(*and sitting behind me sam*)

xxxxx


sorry for delay !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb