San Franciscooooooooo


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi, from San Francisco! Two nights here and things are great. It is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been to and the atmosphere is really friendly and great. The flight over was quite tiring, around 11 hours of flight, the airplane food was surprisinly nice. When we got SA airport American security was as strict as hell, kept asking us questions about who paid for the trip and if we had commited genocide etc etc.... weird huh?
Once we had got out the airport we got a B.A.R.T train to market street in the middle of San francisco which is the mainstreet which took around 30 minutes, me and sam counted how many obese people we saw! Once there we got a muni pass which allowed us acess to all the cable cars/trams/buses in the city. Our first job was to get to fishermans wharf and me and sam easily found the bus stop which got us there.
Took about 20 minutesd to get there, but the setting is beautiful with the goldengate bridge and alcatraz in the background.
The hostel is really nice, some nice people here. me and sam went out to explore the Wharf in the evening, there are mini attractions and lots of interesting shops, one selling asian/african instruments!!!!
Most of the shops had closed because it was fairly late at this point, so me and sam went and had a 15 inchpizza to share which filled both of our bellys!
We then went back to the hostel decided what we'd do tomorrow and then went to sleep.
Sleep was interupted abit by fellow hostellers but it was fine overall.
We set off about 8 15, to go to the Golden Gate bridge (our big mistake!), the bridge was covered in masses of mist, it was eerily beautiful, but we could hardly see any of it, so we shall go see it again the next day!
We spent about 30 minutes walking half way across the bridge and back and then we got on a bus and went to The Golden Gate path, here we found my highlight of the trip so far the japanese tea garden, where we had tea which i actually liked!!!
Was really lovely garden beautiful as anything ive seen like it.
After this we had lunch., and went to the top of an observation tower and saw the citys rooftop!
We then crossed the city to the bohemia of the earth which I WILL go back to one day called; haight street. its a hippy street with the best retro clothing, and avant clothing I've ever seen plus an amazing cd shop which I got 3 Cds from aswell as the 1950's retro sweater I picked up from one of the shops.
We spent quite a long period here and after that, we headed to the main area of the city market street. Here I bought some levis aqnd pondered through the skyskrapers and all the beautiful shops which the city has to offer. We walked through the financial sector, which was amazing, all these victorian-esque buildings which are littered round the city as a whole. We saw the Transamerica pyramid which was fantastic and stunning. At this point me and sam were hungry, so we got of all things an Indonesian curry!!! which was amazing for only $15!!
Afterthis we scuttledon home and changed, and walked around the pier for a while loooking at the amazing sea lions honking away :-)
We then decidly it was time for bed and fell alseep!!!

untill next time Jamie
xxx

ps, I am still working out how to phone people here x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb