On to Santa Clarita


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Clarita
February 28th 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is why it rained on our house so much.This is why it rained on our house so much.This is why it rained on our house so much.

The fog collected on the pine needles and then dripped off, sounding like rain. The trees didn't cover the front of the rv, so we joked about it raining only on the back. I think I probably used this same view when I described the ice falling off the needles.

(Oak Glen CCC => The Master’s College)

We finished work Tuesday, and Wednesday we all took a tour through the Fleetwood (RV) factory. It was interesting to see how the rvs are made, and was personalized because one of the people on our tour (but not an RVICS person) was having his unit built, and he got to look through it as it went down the assembly line, and was able to visit with the manager of each checkpoint. None of us ordered new RVs, but it wasn’t because we weren’t tempted!

Thursday we all planned on leaving about 10…but that was before Satan started working on us. At 10:00 Wayne was still working with his brakes, to make sure that the new master cylinder was working properly, and he wasn’t yet confident; Peter couldn’t get either one of his slide-outs to retract, nor would his jacks lift; we couldn’t get one of our jacks to lift, and the service engine light kept flashing. We have never had any of that happen, and our unit sat in the sand at Victory Ranch for three months…and now three out of four of us have trouble? The guys grouped together
Big Rigs...Big Rigs...Big Rigs...

is was breath-taking to see the huge motor homes side by side, and feel the power as their engines were runniing. Wayne's is in the back, as they didn't fit four across.
and just went from house to house and fixed what was necessary~~Wayne’s brakes finally quit bleeding (something to do with the air, that the men seemed to think was important!); Peter’s slides slid, and his jacks lifted, and they got our jack up, and added coolant to the engine…and we were all ready to go. We haven’t traveled in a caravan before, but that was our plan. When the guys pulled out to the parking lot to hookup the tow vehicles, it was almost scary how big those rvs were. When we’re living in them, they’re just the right size, but when they are moved and you’re looking at them in a different way, and all the diesel engines are running, it’s impressive! As we headed out of camp we all blew our air horns~~speaking of loud!

We had to go less than 100 miles, and it took us 3 ½ hours...and we were moving the whole time! It wasn’t as nerve-wracking this time as it was the first time we drove in this area…are we getting used to it, or are we just as crazy as the drivers around us? (on that subject though, California drivers really are courteous. If you put on your blinker, someone will let you in, whether you’re in the rv or in a car. We’ve never had to fight to change lanes.)




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

One last look, One last look,
One last look,

as we go down toward Yucaipa.
I hope so...I hope so...
I hope so...

(Leaving Yucaipa)
And then we all join together.And then we all join together.
And then we all join together.

(Think this was taken through the windshield?!)
The hills are such a pretty green right now,The hills are such a pretty green right now,
The hills are such a pretty green right now,

after the rains, and before the heat dries them. Know why the back mountains appear clouded~~yep, it's smog! We've started tracking the many different ways the weather people talk about the smog without using that word~~hazy, cloudy, overcast, low clouds, low air quality...but never smog! That's Peter in front of us, and Wayne is behind us~~we really hung together on this trip!


Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb