Viva La Fiesta


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Santa Barbara has a Spanish feel to it, whitewashed houses with red tile rooves, colourful tiles adorn many of the shops and buildings. Many of the streets have Spanish sounding names.

This week, however, the Spanish theme really took over with music, art and Flamenco dancing on the streets. All culminating with the children's parade on State Street today. Children of all ages took to the the parade adorned in colourful costumes and danced their way down State Street to the sound of castinets etc.

Unfortunately we haven't managed to see much of the festivities as we've all been busy working on Sharon and Scott's new house. They got the keys 2 weeks ago and since then it's been all systems go. The complex is really nice though and towards the end of each day we get to relax in the pool and jaccuzi which helps a lot with tired muscles!

Hopefully we will get chance to do a couple more road trips before we return to the UK in September


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

State Street, Santa BarbaraState Street, Santa Barbara
State Street, Santa Barbara

After the parade had gone through
Back to realityBack to reality
Back to reality

Home restorations, stripping the tiles off the bathroom.
more home restorationsmore home restorations
more home restorations

Tiles stripped off the second bathroom
Kyla helps out too!Kyla helps out too!
Kyla helps out too!

Well, she sleeps so the grown ups work hard!


11th August 2012

Santa barbara looks great, colourful. Sounds like the whole family is on the job!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb