Books on Africa prepare the mind and mood


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Here are some of the action adventure books or book series that take place in Africa:

Jade del Cameron Mystery Series by Suzanne Arruda. Historical fiction. Book titles include: "Mark of the Lion" (1919 British East Africa); "Stalking Ivory" (1920 Mt. Marsabit, British East Africa); "Serpent's Daughter" (1920 Morocco); "Leopard's Prey" and more.

"Crossing the Heart of Africa: An Odyssey of Love and Adventure" by travel writer Julian Smith. Historical fiction, 1898 and current day.

Young Adult books:
"A Girl Named Disaster" by Nancy Farmer. Mozambique and Zimbawi. Novel of a great adventure in the wilds of Africa for 11-year old Nhamo, who flees from her village and a planned marriage in search of her father's family in Zimbawi.

"Thunder Cave" by Roland Smith. Young adult novel that takes place in Kenya. A family reunion turns into an adventure of a lifetime when Jacob travels to Kenya in search of his father, a field biologist tracking elephant herds.

"The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating currents of electricity and hope" by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer. Malawi. True story about a young African boy who used found items and a book from his school library to build a windmill and elevate the lives and spirits of his community. Inspiring.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.056s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb