San Luis Obisco


Advertisement
Published: April 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

BuildingsBuildingsBuildings

A tiny sample of what we saw
Spent yesterday wandering the streets of Solvang having a wonderful time. It felt like being in a fairy tale. In fact we must read all the Hans Christian Anderson Tales again so we can tell our Penny the traditional tales we grew up with.
We pulled over into a gateway to check something to find we were visiting the famous horse whisperer's house, Monty Roberts. The scenery was amazing. When we arrived at San Luis Obisto we were even more entranced. We could live here. It feels like a warm Dunedin with students everywhere and a small town feel. We walked down to the centre of town and tried on novalty hats and stood in awe of the range of craft materials on sale. Finally we stopped into the Creeky Tiki for dinner. They had no idea what Tiki meant in NZ. Our waitress is a student studying to be a teacher. We gave her a big tip!
The food was great and the happy hour was really happy! We met lots of really pleasant people and ended the day with a spa and the pool all to ourselves.
Went geocaching today and saw a squirrel and a little red animal
FlagFlagFlag

Beautiful Flags are a common sight
that looked like a weasel in the undergrowth on the roadside.
Today we do a mammoth drive up the coast to Monterey.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hey Diddle DiddleHey Diddle Diddle
Hey Diddle Diddle

The Penguin jumped over the moon
BellBell
Bell

Mission san Luis Obisco
Saint PennySaint Penny
Saint Penny

Penny preaches to the people
Tiki GirlsTiki Girls
Tiki Girls

Sarah was our best waitress so far.


24th April 2011

Rolling
front to back and back to front!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb