San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: March 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Wayne, Kellie, Lucy, Nic, Jesse and Tasha grabbed the quick Travelodge breakfast and we dropped them at Pier 33 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz. Mum and I shared crepes at Pier 39 and went on a driving adventure. So much impressive architecture in the streets of San Francisco. Mum tried her first Churos from a street cart looking back at San Francisco from Treasure Island.
As the rest of the crew arrived at Alcatraz they heard from an ex prisoner. They wandered around the island doing the audio tour.
We all met back up again for a lunch of clam chowder in sour dough loaves or fish and chips on the dock.
We went our separate ways again for some to take a cable car from the docks to Union Square. Then it was time to check out Golden Gate Bridge. There are spots at each end to stop and take photos.
A bit further north to Muir Woods for a really lovely stroll through the giant redwoods which brought a little tranquillity to our hectic day. The trees grow in huge family huddles ? We bought our America the Beautiful pass here because we plan to visit a bunch of national parks.
On our drive south to Monterey we stopped to eat at a local Chinese takeaway. Food was great and the guys cooking and serving were pretty excited when we ordered the family feast – might be the biggest order they’ve had in weeks.
Motel 6 had a friendly efficient check in even though we were kinda late to finish our day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb