Weekend in San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Historic Murphy St in Sunnyvale, CA
This past weekend it was great to catch up with friends in the San Jose area.

Saturday was spent leisurely going to a movie with a friend, lunch, and then going to this area where they have a Japanese bookstore and market. It was nice to catch up and talk about our mutual love of traveling.

Sunday 3 friends and I went to dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. It was my first real dim sum experience and it was really crazy. There area so many people there and it is so loud. There are so many people with carts of food running around the tables. After dim sum we went to my friends house and watched a Korean movie called Sassy girl. It ended up being a really cute movie, although it was quite long. for dinner we went to a fondue restaurant which of course is always a good idea. �nother relaxing day which I really needed after two very busy and stressful weeks in LA.

Monday morning/early afternoon brought me picking my mom up at the San Jose airport and then we headed to San Francisco. We had an idea of a couple things
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

Dim Sum Sunday morning
that we wanted to see but knew we didn't have a huge amount of time to do them. I had been to San Francisco a few times but my mom never had. The only thing that she really had in mind that she wanted to do was ride the cable cars.

First stop was Fisherman's Wharf where we had clam chowder, watched the sea lions, and took some pictures of Alcatraz from a distance. We then walked to Ghirardelli Square and got some chocolate (of course). Before we left we had some tea at an English tea shop.

We then took a cable car ride to Chinatown, then walked back to our car. We went to the hotel and relaxed for the rest of the night. It was a pretty productive day in SF. Tuesday we got up early and went to see the Golden Gate Bridge. After the bridge we saw Lombard Street. Before going back to the hotel we drove up to see the famous Victorian housing on Steiner street also known as the Painted Ladies.

We checked out of the hotel and then went to Japantown and had some amazing crepes before heading out
Photo 4Photo 4Photo 4

Me and Crys at Fondue
of town and driving to Oregon.

Overall, it was a great four days in the Bay area. I was able to catch up with and see friends I hadn't seen since March, and my mom was able to explore and experience a new city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

Anthony enjoying the fondue
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

Fisherman's Wharf
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

Clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

Ghirardelli Square in SF
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

Early evening tea
Photo 18Photo 18
Photo 18

Cable car..
Photo 19Photo 19
Photo 19

Mom and I at the Golden Gate Bridge
Photo 21Photo 21
Photo 21

The famous crooked street - Lombard
Photo 22Photo 22
Photo 22

Painted Ladies
Photo 23Photo 23
Photo 23

Our crepes had faces :)
Photo 24Photo 24
Photo 24

Mount Shasta on the way to Oregon


26th August 2011

the city...
...rules! almost every picture posted was at one time a stomping ground of mine. I used to 'street dance' for change at Fisherman's Wharf's The Cannery & Ghiradelli Square. Damn you! You just made me homesick T_T. Well I miss your presence, and looking forward to all your posts! :o)

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb