Haight-Ashbury


Advertisement
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I knew today would be another big day. I decided to get a tour of SF to really get in touch with what the city is all about. 10am I was on the mini bus with a local who took us to all the places you just wouldn’t go if you didn’t have a car. This guy Dylan, who was a local, took us to all parts of the city. Neighbourhoods that were decorated in murals, the gay district, Haight-Ashbury (mum/dad you would know this right?), twin peaks which gave us a magnificent view of the city as well as the Mission district and Muir Woods. We got to see where Jimmy Hendrix use to live, the full house houses and learnt a heap of history especially around the area of Haight-Ashbury. Was really cool. Also what was interesting was the little micro climates that you feel as you move through the suburbs. Because of the hills, you can be in shorts and t shirt one minute and 2 blocks over you are in pants and a jumper. Really screws with your head. During the arvo I took the time to do all the little things I needed to do. I went for the historic cable car ride which was insane. Those hills are so steep. Some serious OH&S issues me recon with people hanging off the side of those trams. I had an “In and Out Burger” which is one of the best fast food burgers I think I have ever had and also went for a walk to see the Palace of Fine Arts.

That night the hostel held a bit of a wine and cheese night. Me and a few boys got a couple of bottles of wine and drank with some music in one of the rooms. Got pretty smashed actually and ended the night playing some pool and socialising. Was a good day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1003kb