Hi, more news.


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, we are now back in San Fransisco to start our tour of the National Parks, this will take about 28 days.

No piccies this time, computer still running on steam.

Well, our time at Lake Tahoe was fantastic. We stayed at the Rustic Cottages, at $84 a night, the guy in charge could not do enough for you, see the piccy 'Lurv Shack' for an idea of it.
All coffee and drinks fresh and free, free razors, shampoo, conditioners etc...free mugs.. and he allowed on his pc for a while.
We climbed many mountains, Squaw Peak and Immigrants Peak, upto about 9,500 feet, played in the snow.
California currently has upto 1,000 fires at the moment so sometimes the pictures look a bit foggy.
The only rain we have seen in our two + weeks was for about 4 hours one morning, as shown in the photo previous (this was the lightening that started all the fires), then the sun came out and made it humid. We then went for a very long walk along the very picturesque Sacremento river, this was at Redding.(it was high 90's)
We will recommend Redding and Lake Tahoe as destinations for holidays. Everyone is so friendly and there is a lot to do and see. White water rafting looks fun. Prices are relatively high as it's all touristy but not too bad.

Back in SF, we are now staying down town in a Best Western costing way more than the last place but not as nice. It,s 'World Gay Pride' weekend..... taken many pics, will post asap. SF still cold but the sun is shining.

Thanks for the mail, Graham etc, nice to hear from you chaps and chapesses.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb