Homeward bound


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
September 7th 2015
Published: September 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

BBBWWWWaaahhhhhhhhh the holiday is OVER!!!!!!! Can you believe it? Five and a half weeks has just vanished into thin air. I'm glad we have 12,380 photos and 3,000 hours of video as proof that we were actually here otherwise I'd be inclined to think it was all a dream. Tonight is our last night at the Declan Suites in San Diego. One last sleep in tomorrow and then we drive ourselves via the beaches, La Jolla, Huntington, Laguna and Long Beach for our 11.30pm flight out of LAX.

Since my last blog we spent 3 nights at the Marriott in Anaheim. We did two huge days back to back at Disneyland and California Adventure Land. Both were fantastic. Disneyland is 60 years old this year. The shows and attractions were fantastic. I even managed to drag Noel onto some rides and shock horror, a couple of them were faster than the bumper cars!!!! Two days in a row was pretty full on and all our old bones and feet were aching so much. We halfheartedly decided to go watch an Aladdin show, which we thought would be really kiddie, but it was a full on 45 minute stage production with sets, singers, dancers, props, great jokes and costumes. We were really surprised and loved it. There was a Festival of Light parade at night and fantastic fireworks. Noel, as usual, was determined to take lots of video of the parade and fireworks and there was this one guy who was standing in front of him wearing Goofy ears. Of course the ears kept getting in Noel's way so he was getting a bit peeved. After the show finished, he started ranting to me about this guy being a pain and getting in the way and when he looked back to give him the death stare he noticed that he was holding an open ring box and had just asked his girlfriend to marry him. It looked like she'd said yes because they were hugging. AAAAwwwwww.

On Thursday we drove down to San Diego. We have had a pretty chill time here but have still managed to do the following: Coronado Island for lunch, Air and Space Museum and Balboa Park walk, baseball game at Petco Park, a trip to the laundry for clean undies (yee har) walk along the Embarcadero (waterfront,) Filippe's in Little Italy for dinner, Seaworld yesterday (so good again), a trolley ride down to the Mexican border and a couple of happy hours that Noel got REALLY happy at!!! I think we have walked nearly every street in downtown SD and then some. I'm going to have to go back to Australia to have a holiday to get over this holiday.

Well that about sums up the trip. Luckily Noel and I are NOT getting divorced after being forced to talk to each other, all day every day, for nearly six weeks straight. Now if I could just wrangle the winning Lotto numbers.............


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb