Day 6 - Brits in San Diego & US TV


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
July 17th 2013
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A new hotel gave Aidan an opportunity to test the pool early morning, and he duly did with some textbook bombing. Next plan was to drive into San Diego so we could find the car park we'd paid for Friday and Saturday, and also it was the easiest way into town. Easy based on our ability to punch any information into the satnav that may elicit a response by way of a destination to which we'd requested, something that proved difficult at first.

More by luck than judgement we got near enough, so that we could ask a local and gain success. That achieved we headed off into the bayfront and gaslamp areas to check out the mood, and gain an impression of what madness lay ahead over the next four days when over 150,000 people descend on the Convention Center (spelt the american way of course). Plenty of photos were taken, a few weirdos seen in their costumes (travel iron man in Vegas would have been proud), and lunch was excellent sat at a streetside table watching the world go by.

The order of the day was to get the Comic Con 4 day passes and goody bags for Diane and Aidan from the Town and Country Club, about 10 mins from our hotel. We got a free shuttle back to the hotel, grabbed the necessary id and paperwork, then set off again on the Purple bus to the Town and Country. A lifetime later we arrived as the world and his Hobbit mate were all doing the same thing - traffic everywhere, and many hours of our lives lost. On the up side, once there it only took 10 minutes to get the passes and bags, so we headed back downtown for some drinks in the Hilton gaslamp with other British Comic Conners (it appears there is a club). A decent bunch of people were met, drinks were had, and there wasn't too much geeky/nerdy (must look up what the difference is) talk thankfully.

A drive back to the hotel in the dark followed, using the magical mystery tour sat nav, which tends to only accept restaurant names as means of destination, naturally I used my inbuilt compass in order to expedite the process. Milk and cookies were taken to the room where Diane and Aidan proceeded to pack for an early 5am start the next morning in order to see all the things they wanted to see!!

I watched television. Now then dear reader this a subject I have yet to broach, and so will take the chance to do so now. Adverts, we think ours are bad, jeez......


• Do you suffer from male leakage? then try these comfort pads!!
• Need a more comfortable catheter, then try blah blah blah
• Try Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, tastes just like cinnamon toast (well I'll be.. no shiz sherlock)
• Fancy a refreshing can of Diet Squirt??








These are just a selection, there are other classics where they read all the small print at 200mph so you've no idea what the deal is. America, the land of the free and home of the brave!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb