Day 14 Bernardo Winery etal


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
February 8th 2013
Published: February 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 14 arrived with a forecast for rain, but at dawn it was mixed clouds and sunshine. Horray, however as the day drew on, rain as forecast did appear! Boo!

On our agenda for the Bernardo Winery farmer's market, collecting Susan's musical gear from Bertrand's Music and a movie.

First the farmer's market. We go there for the last 1/2 hour, it was raining and booths were breaking down but we still were able to buy some delicious strawberries. The Bernardo Winery is set up as small vilage with a very interesting wine tasting concept. There were clothing, sweet shop, handbag store, jewelry store and of course the tasting room

Now here's the interesting concept. The Sweet Shop and Winery have joined together so as you get each wine taste, you walk over to the sweet shop for a chocolate paring! Vicki got us a $20 for 4 wine tasting that included the chocolate paring on the spot and we really enjoyed going back and forth for each tasting. And, not only did we enjoy the wine but the wine with chocolate paring was very interesting from a taste perspective.

They also had a nice restaurant on site so we had a lite lunch also with our wine parings. Even with the rain, a very nice afternoon.

We learned that each wine calls for a chocolate with different cocoa content. If your interested, I will share the cocoa content with you.

As our washboard order was not yet at the music store, we all went to see Zero Dark 30 about the capture of Bin Laden. Very good but long, almost 3 hours.

Our final stop was at Bertrand Music to pick up Susan's washboard components, e.g. cymbol, wood block, cow bell, and washboard. We also purchased a saxophone strap to support it. The only thing remaining is to get gloves and finger ends for the actual tapping part and to attach the various instruments to the washboard itself.

So, we pack to depart tomorrow morning. Unless there is a significant event on the way home, this will be the final blog entry. Tomorrow morning, we'll feed the ducks with bread and take pictures, they are so cute, and hit the road for Surprise, AZ.

So, as we come to an end of our trip, we thank you for sharing our adventure, and look forward to sharing future adventues with you.

Bob and Susan


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb