Traveling to the Rose Parade


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
December 25th 2012
Published: December 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

San Diego has grown since my Navy days 50 years ago. Our RV park is located on Mission Bay and is a city owned park managed by a contractor. Clearly evident are the California environmental laws as we are reminded (by signing an agreement) of the costs of spilling a sewer hose. While the park has a lot of blacktop there is also a beach, snack shack and fenced in dog parks. On Sunday we visit the First United Methodist Church, in which choir I used to sing, and are impressed with the choir, orchestra and atmosphere. When they moved from downtown to Mission Valley in 1964 there was a lot of concern. Now with multiple Sunday and Christmas Eve services (including animals) their success is evident.

Stopping by the Navy Exchange Ticketing service I pick up tickets to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Zoo, Trolly Tour and Science Center IMAX theater for our week's entertainment. Besides touring the city by car (pointing out my old stomping grounds) we enjoyed the IMAX “Flight of the Butterflies” – the story of the Monarch butterfly Mexican hideaway. We've been reintroduced to the hectic California drivers but it's an easy city to get around, even with a little rain. We are glad we're not in the middle of the country about now, with its snow, or waiting at some airport. Of course, one day will be set aside for a casino visit by Mary. Merry Christmas to all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb