Day 5 & 6: Santa Monica, and saying goodbye LA, hello San Diego!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
July 25th 2011
Published: July 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We didn’t write last night as we got on the wine at our hotel, got back from the beach and were starving, ordered the biggest BBQ Texan Burgers and a bottle of wine and they brought out a litre glass jar of rose, not complaining but we were both pretty merry last night.

LA was pretty cloudy yesterday and we were waiting for the clouds to clear on the end of Santa Monica pier so we could go and sunbathe because it was pretty nippy noodles! The pier was great, there was so many people around, people fishing, eating, selling grains of sand with your name on it (thought that was a little odd) and buskers. We ate sandwiches on the end of the pier whilst listening to this guy playing the piano he was really good! Free entertainment whilst we ate!

The sun finally came out so we wandered to the beach and set up camp, playing Mumford and Sons and generally chilling in the sun! When we got back we realised how hot the sun had been! Nosheen pulled me into the bathroom after dinner and in hysterics at the fact she had forgot to put sun tan lotion on her stomach and it was BRIGHT RED! So funny, matched my shiny red forehead!

Was a really nice relaxing day and we got up early to catch the train to San Diego from Union Station, Union Station is so beautiful and massive! The train is two stories with reclining seats, tray tables, foot rests, enough room to swing a cat round in! if only public transport was as stylish in England! San Diego here we come!!

San Diego is absolutely beautiful!! Where we stayed in LA was very near to the airport and seemed to have a permanent layer of smog between us and the sun, but here it's very sunny and very warm ... nothing to complain about! We've got BIG plans for the next few days, tomorrow we're going to the beach armed with as much sun tan lotion as we can carry and then going to a baseball match ... so some very quick sport learning is in order!!

I hope you are all still enjoying our blog! Hi Mum =) if you're reading send me an email (that's from Nosheen)!!

Liz and Nosheen


Advertisement



26th July 2011

Day 5-6
How is your burned belly, Nosheen. Where are you going next and when?
29th July 2011

Hi Dad! Sorry I didn't respond sooner I didn't notice I had a commennt. My belly is abit peely now but I've been keeping it covered so it'll be fine! We're in Vegas until Sunday and then going to San Francisco. Love you loads xx

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb