Day 7: Our day in San Diego


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is our only full day in San Diego, which is a shame as we both LOVE it here and there is loads to do!

We decided to go to a beach for the day as we saw loads from the train on the way here, and were recommended to go to La Jollla as it has interesting wildlife. The place was absolutely beautiful with cliffs and little beaches nestled in amongst them and we found one which had some rocks a few metres out with a seal on it! To quote 1 girl that we heard: ''the sand is so soft... like angels''. Well I'm not even sure I know what an angel feels like, but the beach was pretty nice. There were about 3 seals playing in the surf really near to the beach but it wasn't until we were just about to leave that one actually came onto the beach! It flopped up on the shore and then flopped its way further onto the beach. Of course it attracted a bit of a crowd, until it barked at some kids which immediately sent them running ... SO FUNNY! I've got a video of it flopping around which I'll post on facebook when I'm home.

This evening we went to watch the San Diego Padres play Arizona at baseball. The tickets were only $5 to go into the ground and sit on some grass to watch so we bought some food and had a little picnic whilst watching the game. Unfortunately it turns out that San Diego 'suck' and when we left after about 2hours they were 5 home runs down. But it was such a nice atmosphere so I don't think anybody really cared about the score as they were too occupied with playing with their kids, and eating LOADS of food. The only awkward bit of the evening was when Liz left me on my own just as they sung the American National Anthem and I was the only person on the hill not standing up and therefore looked like a total plonker. Never mind though, we had another great day!

We're checking out tomorrow so from Nosheen and Liz we would just like to say ... stay classy San Diego

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb