San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
August 5th 2010
Published: August 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

G won a few bucks playing cards at the casino, so we booked a spot at the Mission Bay RV park and headed west 😊 It is a nice spot right on the bay, so we're enjoying ocean breezes again!! We got settled in and phoned a couple we met in San Francisco who live in San Diego. We met them for dinner at the PB Alehouse Tuesday evening. It's a local brewhouse a half block from the beach in Pacific Beach. Had a really nice visit with them, and learned that we'd better plan for a few more days in SD than we originally booked...

Got up yesterday and started at the visitor's center. We were looking for maps of the area and the best deal on zoo tickets. $5 off is the best we could find, so gathered up our "finds" and headed for the coast (going to the zoo when we get an early start!!). We went north to La Jolla to see the "Dr. Seuss trees". The beach looked really enticing from our viewpoints, so we tried to get there, but parking was non-existent, so we went back to PB. Got a great parking spot and spent a couple of hours walking along the surf. We walked on the Crystal Pier...they have cabins right on the pier for rent...

Stopped at Trader Joe's, Henry's and Ralph's before we ended up with purchases for dinner...jeez!! Should have started at Ralph's!!! G BBQ'd...

Oh, did I mention that the weather here is FABULOUS?!?!? We checked the TV weather report before heading out and they said it would be cloudy and 70 degrees. WRONG!! It was about 75 and sunny the whole day!! It's supposed to be cloudy the rest of the week, but I've got my fingers crossed that they were wrong all the way around!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th August 2010

I found you!!
Hey, it looks wonderful. Soak up some "cool" for me. If all goes well, I'm going to put the mustang in the Moxee parade on Sat., with a few others of course. Happy traveling!! Have a special lunch sometime and pretend I'm there!!
6th August 2010

Found us :)
Yay!!! It was so good to hear from you!!! Have fun Saturday...think we're going to a sand castle contest :) And why don't you just fly down here and we'll have lunch together?!?!?

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb