sawing logs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
April 28th 2007
Published: May 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our original plan was to go with my mom to Disneyland but those plans fell through. Determined to still do something fun, and out of town, we decided on a trip to San Diego to breathe in the fresh sea salt filled air, and go the the ginormous zoo. We stayed in a hostel in the gaslight district. Mom had never stayed in one and her first experience was definitely one to write about! The first night the three of us had a private room, but the second night jeff had to be in an all male room and mom & I were in a co-ed room with about 5 other people. As is the norm at hostels, people were friendly, noone messed with our stuff, but the perils of sleeping in the same room as others reared it's weary head. In the middle of the night we were woken to a man who was snoring. Sawing logs. Huge logs! I'm surprised the windows didn't shatter, it was so loud. We absolutely could not take another minute of it so we went out to the common area, tried to get some sleep, got yelled at for sleeping out there and so we stayed awake. When the man awoke my mom gave him a verbal lashing--he has to be aware of his snoring so why would he stay in a community place?! By the way, he looked like a very wealthy man & was only there for debates or some large political thing that was going on and I'm thinking all the normal hotels were booked. The jury is still out on if mom will ever frequent a hostel again! haha.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

mom & I mom & I
mom & I

at a Blues Bar in the gaslight district
San Diego ZooSan Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo

Red-headed Rock Agama
San Diego ZooSan Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo

mom & jeff


10th July 2009

ive never seen your mom b4 At least you look like her and not dad or the milk man, HAHA

Tot: 0.397s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb