Stars and Stripes


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yet another early start, well for me anyway - Up at 6am today. Everyone else got up about an hour later. As soon as we got ourselves motivated we headed down for breakfast, loaded up the car and left for San Diego at 9am. Traffic was pretty heavy going so thank god for the car pool lanes they have out here.

The drive was quite scenic along interstate 5, we stopped at a viewpoint looking out to the Pacific, there were loads of little squirrel things running around so we gave them some biscuit and they would come right up to your hand to get it. It was really smart.

About an hour and a half after leaving we arrived in La Jolla - my little tradition - Hard rock cafe! I got my mechandise, we had a quick drink and then headed the 20 mins to our hotel. We checked in, totally unpacked (have been living out the suitcases for the first couple of nights) and....... You guessed it - Went for a drink! Nige and myself then went for a quick walk to check out the local area. Surrounded by restaurants and bars so thats always a
Squirrel thingsSquirrel thingsSquirrel things

Nicking my snacks!!
good thing!

We then ordered a cab and went to Mission beach - Nothing like the Leas! I considered getting my next tattoo here (some kind of stars) but thought I would wait until Hollywood again. We walked along the boardwalk for about 45 mins then found a really good bar/restaurant called Wavehouse. In front of us we had the beach, to our left the bar and these cool little hammock things and to our right this wave machine where groups of friends were hiring it out and attempting to surf (a bit similar to what I've seen at home but on a larger scale) We ate here then crashed in the hammocks before heading back.

We based ourselves round the hotel pool, Nige went for a quick dip, I froze in the heat (hope i'm not coming down with something) and my mum smoked her long awaited cigar! Joe then noticed Nige's fantastic tan - Think he's been wearing his sunglasses a bit too much, he has a thick white stripe along one side of his head. We all found it really funny, Nige is still picking his lip up off the floor from sulking!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

HmmmmmmHmmmmmm
Hmmmmmm

Didn't actually realise that sign was there.
WaveHouseWaveHouse
WaveHouse

Chilling after dinner
Hanging aroundHanging around
Hanging around

He was worried it wouldn't take his weight!
Sunset dipSunset dip
Sunset dip

Back at the hotel
Work this out....Work this out....
Work this out....

Coffee or Tea???


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb