New favourite city


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
April 1st 2007
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 4 days and 4 nights in Vegas we have found our new favourite city. Vegas is everything it is hyped up to be with all the entertainment at your doorstep. Elton John was amazing (again) however the show he put on was definately a vegas performance with neon signs and Pamela Anderson pole dancing on the big screen.... however our next night in vegas was even more daring! After walking around all the flashy casinos and over the top themes we went to the latest Cirque du Soleil performance called Zoomanity. It was a risky and exciting show which was provocative and erotic as well as very funny. We had a great night and topped it off with a little gambing to which we can safely say did not increase our bank account in the slightest! Ah well, when in Vegas huh?
Yesterday was our sad goodbye to Vegas and our hello to our first Greyhound bus trip. It was an interesting 8 hours of the lower class and tourists. There was a little banter by the locals and a few drunks wanting to get on the bus, however our bus drivers were very great and we got to see a little of the 'small town America'. Needless to say we were exhausted when we got to our Old Town San Diego hotel so our exploring started today with a trolley ride to Downtown San Diego and a bus transfer to San Diego Zoo (we are getting pretty good at the public transit system over here but thank goodness most of it is colour coded!).
San Diego Zoo was awesome and huge - 100acres of zoo! The pandas were amazing and they had baby otters. It was a great day out and well worth the trip and the weather here is brilliant about 28 deg.
We went down to the local harbour to see the Aircraft carrier we were going to visit on Monday when Sam also spotted another carrier in the distance, seems the Nimitz or Reagan carrier dock here also so we are off on a harbour cruise on Monday for a closer look.
Tomorrow we are off to Tijuana Mexico for a little shopping and our first border crossing. Should be fun!

Hope everyone is well

Talk Soon
Sam and Nat


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb