Two Fat Americans


Advertisement
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we are coming to the end of our trip and it is obvious to us that we couldn't live in America - you put on too much weight!! The food over here is vast and huge, with the service so quick you barely have time to taste your food before you next course has arrived. Although we aren't complaining too much as we have got to sample a few different foods. Haven't yet 'supersized' at McD's though as the small combo is equivalent to NZ large, however we will try to do this before we leave.

Mexico was an experience not unlike Bangkok with the hundreds of street merchants and all the shops looking the same after an hour. Sam had fun with all the Corona merchandise available though so our suitcase is looking a little full! We walked straight through the Mexico gates with no check in sight but getting back into America was a different story - 2hour wait in the sun.

Our last day in San Diego was spent downtown beside the harbour as we were very lucky (according to Sam) to see the US Nimitz Aircraft carrier leaving dock for a 6mth deployment to the Persian Gulf. I have to admit the sight of hundreds of Navy crew lining the decks of this magnificient ship was quite a sight. We then went on a harbour cruise seeing the Navys '32 street' which was their Navy base with all the different ships, definately put NZ to shame! A quick trip around the Midway Aircraft carrier followed which was awesome as the 4acre flight deck was full of fighter planes and lots of people!

Anyway San Diego was heaps of fun and we would love to go back one day, highly recommended.



Sam and Nat

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb