leg 1: SF to San Diego


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We're in San Diego, visiting Brian's sister, just about ready to leave tomorrow to cross the border. And very excited to do this at last.
Here's what we've been up to:
>Monday we got some electrical things checked out on the bus, got the temporary registration permit at DMV (closest thing shy of passing smog, which is out of the question), and crossed out a record-breaking amout of items off our many lists of to-do's.
>Tuesday we made some last-minute modifications to the bus, packed and left. Brian managed to leave his passport in a drawer, safely at home. On our way out of town and starving, we decided to get burritos and a couple margaritas (at Cactus Cafe, of course). Before leaving the parking lot, the muffler fell completley off the back of the bus! Wtih some wire, procured at the local hardware store, we strapped the muffler to the rear bumper and were down the road. We camped off the 101 just north of Paso Robles.
>Wednesday we drove to San Diego, getting a taste of LA traffic, being thankful for the diamond carpool lane. 101 down to Santa Barbara is quite nice.
>Thursday (today) we got the muffler welded back on and Brian made the discovery about the passport. We should have the passport tomorrow morning, thanks to a reliable friend back home, allowing us to travel into Baja Sur.
stay tuned for more adventures.

Advertisement



12th May 2006

san diego?
hmm, isn't that nice. you spent the evening in san diego with brian's sister. well, aren't you guys so very nice to have done that. DAMN YOU!
12th May 2006

Who???
Who's Jasper?
14th May 2006

Have a great trip...
Everyone is well. Nana moved to a private room yesterday...where the tabby cat lives. Nana and the cat, MABEL are not too sure if they are happy campers. Driving up to Chico to see Jenn who is moving to an appt. Will be back tomorrow. Have a great time... Julie
15th May 2006

remember - beer safe. water questionable.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb