Hooking up


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » Pacific Beach
November 20th 2005
Published: November 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I've heard many stories about how people hook up with other travellers on these round the world trips. Prior to this past few weeks we have met a number of people but havn't significantly hooked up with any of them because they have only been part of our lives very briefly, but recently we have had much more significant hook ups. I have to say that i should not take any credit for this, all the credit goes to Elaine who unlike me is a very sociable and outgoing person, she also smiles a lot (the exact opposite of me) so its because of her that this has happened.

The first significant person we have hooked up with is a guy called Jeff, hes from Vancouver and we met him in San Francisco, after ironically having just left his home town. He just happened to be in reception when we checked in at our SF hostel and heard that we were in his room. He's in California for a few weeks holidaying. He proved to be a really nice guy and we spent a lot of time with him in SF. A few days in a mate of his came down to this kost bohemian of cities and the two of them hug out. This guy was called Ross and is one of those guys who is totally in your face, but in a nice way. The four of us went out to see a band (My Morning Jacket) and Ross managed to talk the ticket tout into selling tickets for the show at half the price he wanted to sell them for (box office tickets were sold out. Incidently they were an awesome band so it was worth it.

We hung with both these guys for several days before Ross went back to Vancouver. Jeff however stuck around and his plan was to go to San Diego, where we joined him a few days later.

In San Diego we met a few more cool people and we became something of a group. Firstly there was Laura, a 24 year old Australian, who is travelling on her own. Its strange but she doesn't seem like the type to do this travelling lark (though she obvously is), as she seems a bit introverted, but shes really nice and has been another cool person to hang out with.

Then there were these two Scottish guys called Ray and Fraser, Ray seems like the coolest guy in the world, hes really friendly and talkative, but despite being only 23 he seems so mature.

All these people were really cool to hang out with and we ended up all going surfing together (i was the worst incidently and Elaine the best). Another guy arrived and joined our clique (so to speak) and this was a British guy called Ludo (short for Ludovic).

Hanging out with such a group of people was particularly good because many of the opther people at the San Diego hostel seemed really cliquey anyway and not willing to be that friendly to us, so finding so many cool people was really good.

Both Jeff and Laura will likely be in LA with us as well, and we have all given out email addresses so you never know future correspondance may be a possibility.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb