SAN DIEGO - LA - MEXICO


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » Pacific Beach
September 24th 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

LA

The flight from New York to LA was OK took about 6 hours. The hotel I stopped in was lush the room had 2 double beds, a huge TV, and I got to have a bath - pure luxury - tried to make the most of it!

SAN DIEGO

Then got the Greyhound to San Diego which took a couple of hours. The hostel I'm in is good - right on the beach! Got chatting to a German girl who had a hired a car so went to San Diego Zoo with her which was good fun. The panda bears were so cute!

MEXICO

Went to Mexico for the day which was good - although more alcohol oriented then cultural. Did a tequila thing where they pore it straight in to your mouth. Then went on a Bunking Bronco type think, we went to the stripper place which was erm interesting.....

It was an excellent day and met lots of friends although it was a hastle trying to get back into the USA which took a few hours.

After that night we were drinking and playing cards and decided to watch the sun rise and have a walk on the beach. So decided not to go to bed and just hang around on the beach the next day although I must have fell asleep and ended up with a burnt bottom!!! May sound funny but it was really painful every time I sat down.

During the weekend they had Sand Blasting just outside the hostel on the beach. A bit mad (and noisy to begin with)! They build these huge sand castles and make these fantastic sculptures and they blow them up! I think it might be screened on TV.

On the Saturday night they had a caveman / woman party where fancy dress was) so went to that with the theory that I would go to bed by 2 as I had to check out at 11. So stupid me didn't end going to bed till about 6, over sleeping which meant I had about 15 mins to pack everything and leave the room.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb