USS Midway


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

USS MidwayUSS MidwayUSS Midway

Across from the USS Midway.
After waking up from another great nights rest at the Del, we had to decide what are plans are for the day. Looking out the window didn't seem to be freezing weather, but we didn't want to take any chances at Seaworld, so we decided to head to the Naval Ships here in San Diego, then on to Rosarito Beach Mexcio to spend a couple days with Ty's brother Thane, his wife Leslie, girls, Laney and Carley, before they head back to Colorado.

First though, Jessica and Tanner laced up their roller blades and Ty hopped on our new bike to get some excersize blading and riding into town to check things out, while me, Lilly, and Emma pack up to leave.

Aftering packing, me, Lilly, and Emma got in the minivan and headed to town to meet our roller bladers and bikers for breakfast. Happening town on Friday morning had me driving around looking for a parking spot. We ended up parking in front of someone's cute home. We admired all the beautiful landscaping, when Lilly says "mommy are we going to Sara's house?" Sara being my niece in Canon City. We cracked up, to think Lilly knows
USS MidwayUSS MidwayUSS Midway

Big helicopter!
we are not in Colorado, but doesn't quite get where we are. TOO CUTE! We finally met up with the rest of our family at a greasy little diner just our style. Ty had preordered for us, so we were all set when we sat down. This diner was unique and very old. There was a working area right in the middle surrounded by a bar to sit at and booths all around. The waitresses still wrote everything down, used a super old time cash register, added their own tickets, really neat. Breakfast was great.

Back to the Del to finish packing and check out. Amazingly enough the bellman was able to get all of our luggage in the back. We are now traveling with roller blades and a bike. Packed from top to bottom and front to back. Off to the the Naval Ships we went.

We were lucky enough to tour the USS Midway in San Diego. The USS Midway was a navy ship that was commissioned in 1945 and traveled in the ocean for 47 years. Now the USS Midway is home of the San Diego Aircraft Carrier Musem. Interesting all around.

Off to
USS MidwayUSS MidwayUSS Midway

Massive runway!
Mexico we went. From San Diego to Rosarito Beach is about 45 minutes, so we were across the border in no time. Ty's Grandma Cissy has owned her beautiful ocean house 20 years. It was bittersweet getting to her house since her passing a couple months ago. After a quick stop at Yakki's Tacos (our fav taco place) we were sleeping with the sound of the ocean right out our window. Tomorrow is a day at the beach.

Advertisement



11th January 2007

Jealous
Considering we are bracing ourselves for another blast of arctic air, the sound of a beach out your window makes me see green. I'll share this tomorrow. Thanks Jess.
12th January 2007

save your blogs
hi anna your blogs are great...do you want me to start printing them so you can keep them in your scrapbooks and not have to rejournal all of your adventures... getting colder by the minute here. sheryl

Tot: 0.469s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.4124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb