The San Diego Zoo


Advertisement
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

San Diego ZooSan Diego ZooSan Diego Zoo

Entertaining polar bear!
Seufer6: Destination--The San Diego Zoo

After waking up from a relaxing night of rest at the Hotel Del Coronado, we opened the curtains to windy, overcast and cold weather. Before bed last night, we decided to go the Sea World, but after looking out our window, we thought at day at the San Diego Zoo would be a better choice.

Anna, Jessica, and Tanner hit the beach first thing for a quick 1 1/2 mile brisk walk. Actually, Jessica jogged, while Tanner and Anna walked. We are still missing 2 bags from our flight, and Anna's tennis shoes are in one of them, so she flip flopped walked with Tanner. It was a great walk, with many fellow exercisers.

We hooked up with Ty, Emma and Lilly at breakfast at the Del. Yummy! A buffet style breakfast that had everything for everyone, all were happy. Back to the room, where Tanner and Jessica did some homework, while I took Emma and Lilly exploring the Del. We hit the jackpot and found some great shops to browse in. One shop lady thought Emma and Lilly were so well behaved that she gave them each a metal heart shaped trinket
San Diego ZooSan Diego ZooSan Diego Zoo

Jessica-mommy of 3 boys!
box.

After 2 trips to the potty and much browsing, we headed back to the room, to get Jessica, Tanner and Ty, bundle up and head to the San Diego Zoo. What a great big zoo we enjoyed in the cool weather.

We saw almost every animal on the planet. Monkeys, giraffes, tigers, lions, zebras, elephants, polar bears, bears, hippos, rhinos, lots of reptiles, petting zoo animals, fish of all shapes and sizes, as well as many different plant types and ecosystems, just to name a few. When Emma and Lilly got tired, we took a bus tour to view everything we had not seen. WOW! The zoo goes on forever, we walked up and down many hills, saw amazing animals and learned lots of new facts.

Probably the funniest and most amazing sight we saw was a polar bear going back and forth from one side of the water to the other. This polar bear was really trying to keep in shape, because he must have done 25 if not more laps. It was amazing and energizing to watch him. Then he got playful and started tossing around objects in the water. That whole scene was
San Diego ZooSan Diego ZooSan Diego Zoo

Hungry Monkey!
a real treat. There was also a crazy little monkey. It was feeding time and this monkey was super fast at scrounging for all the food and accumulated a huge pile just for himself. It was funny watching him eat his food, he would rub it with his hand or on the fence, look at it take a bite and if he didn't like it he would set it aside and move on to the next piece. He eventually ate it all. FUNNY!

We also met a gorilla named Jessica who has birthed 3 boy gorillas at that zoo. We thought that was interesting, considering we have a Jessica.

Here was everyones favorite animals: Emma-giraffe, Lilly-manatees(even though there weren't any), Jessica-polar bear, Tanner-monkey, Ty-polar bear and monkey, Anna-definitely polar bear.

After the zoo we headed to Pacific Beach to eat at Ty's favorite California burrito place. He ordered us up 4 giant California style burritoes and pickled carrots. YUMMY! One huge flower torilla filled with perfectly cooked potatoes, eggs, steak and cheese. No seasonings, just pure flavor. So good.

Finally back to the Del, jammies on and in bed. What another great adventure. We are hopeful
San Diego ZooSan Diego ZooSan Diego Zoo

Monkeyin' around
to make it to Seaworld tomorrow, but the weather man is calling for winter type freezing weather, in Southern California--no way. Until then......

Advertisement



9th January 2007

Great postings! Keep them coming, we love hearing about your adventures!
9th January 2007

wonderful!
so awesome to join you through the blog on your great adventure. I love you all. grandma susan
10th January 2007

we miss you all already
the temps aren't much better here, but enjoy the break from the snow. more to fly on thursday, friday, saturday and quitting sunday. love the blog and keep them coming..we miss you already. sheryl
11th January 2007

We had a great time meeting up with all of you in Mexico. Have a great time on your trip and remember to enjoy your journey. We love you all!
11th January 2007

burrito
all i know is after the bronco/packer super bowl and three days of professional drinking that was the best f-c-ing burrito i have ever eaten!!!!!

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb