Redding is Radical


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Redding
August 9th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As Vince said, the beginning of the trip was fantastic. I found a Patagonia bathing suit bottom to go with my "Target" top, on sale no less. We had a good lunch, I recommend the brownie cookie, and the weather became clear once we were back on the road.

I thought it was fitting that it was rainy and gray through Seattle and Portland. I wouldn't want to remember it any other way.

There were an amazing amount of hawks in central Oregon following the tractors who were cutting down long golden grass (or some other product that I don't know because I'm ignorant in the ways of the farmers). It was cool to see small twisters sweeping up the dust left over. Southern Oregon and Northern California is such a drastic change in setting. The rocks, small trees, golden dry grass, and loads of cows!

Lake Shasta was also very beautiful with its red clay, and bright green trees surrounding it. The low level of the water at the lake took Vince and me aback. We thought there must have been droughts. We then found out from a cleaning woman at the resort that it was man made and regulated. It was great to just sit with our feet in the cool water trying to forget the 100 stairs that we will have to climb up to get back to our car, and what kind of damage we had done so early in the trip.

Today we are going to kick-it in Redding. After Betty and Matt raving review, we'd thought we'd spend some time, while our car is looked at.

We'll let you all know how this pans out.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb