Shasta Lake. What a Place!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Redding
August 8th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
It was nice to have spent some time with you all last night before we left. It has been great to connect with you all. It was sad to say goodbye last night, but we are excited to have started this road-trip.
On that note, we were good-to-go for a while. We stopped in Portland and had lunch. I had the best Greek salad ever. A little place called "Daily Cafe'" I recommend it. We got on the road again and listened to Harry Potter for a while. It was some time before we reached Shasta Lake just north of Redding, CA. AS we came across a bridge over the amazing man-made lake, we decided that we would get off the exit and explore the lake and take some pictures. Just before the exit we hear this horrendous screeching/squealing/grinding sound from the Blazer.
"Shit!" I said
"Is that us?"
"I think so."
"What is it" Kristen asked.
"I have no idea."
We started exiting the highway and this truck towing a trailer passes us.
"Ow. It was that guy." I said. A sense of relief comes over me. It was too early in the trip for something like this to happen.
Do you think we are this lucky????
As we round the corner it was clear that we were not so lucky. The sound is coming from the Blazer.
We were in the boat-launch parking lot of the Bridge Bay Resort at Shasta/Trinity National Forrest.
AAA
Yup, got the car towed and are holding up in a Holiday Inn Express on night 1 of the road-trip. Once again, we will determine tomorrow what we will do about our trip after we hear what the cost of the repair will be. I think that it is either the wheel barring or the U-joints.
Anyways, after getting the car dropped off, we took a short bike ride to the hotel and get a room. Not exactly what we had planned, but this trip a becoming QUITE A TRIP!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb