Leaving LA


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Big BreakfastBig BreakfastBig Breakfast

Simply Ridiculous!
So its goodbye LA. A week longer than we planned to stay but good friends kept us company. So the short list of pro's and cons are.

1) They just can't do chocolate! White chocolate with Peanut Butter, Yuk!

2) They can't make a toilet door that fits the hole.

3) They can't do bread, biscuits which are scones to those in the uk but bread in US.

4) Apparently on St Patricks day you have bagpipes and men in kilts playing in the bars. Traditional Irish dont you

know :-)

5) I must have put on 6lb in 2 weeks from all the excessive portion sizes.

Pro's

1) Weather (even if it did rain!)

2) Old fashioned Ice Cream Parlours

3) Softball

4) Mountain Dew

5) Cactus Coolers

6) King Taco

7) Beaches with surfers that just go on forever :-)

8) Drive By- song by Train

So in our last week we got treated to Ice Hockey Tickets, Red Wings v Ducks (used to be Mighty) but Disney dropped them so no Emelio Estevez in sight ;-). I won at least one game of night bowling with Mark bringing up the rear and have eaten in more restaurants than I can remember.

One of the highlights was hiking up to the Hollywood sign. Jorge parked near the observatory which soon became aparent was approximately 3 mountains from the sign its self. After getting lost in the bush, climbing up a ridge and Mark playing dueling banjo's all the way we eventually got to the top. Some fantastic views and wobbly legs as well. The closer you got to the sign the more illusive it became until eventually you saw it no more, then you were suddenly above it. Mark's comments like " This can't be right we are higher than the birds" "now higher than the helicopter" made us chuckle at his expense. He really needs to get over his fear of heights. Taking him up to Aqua in HK and thats a bar 63 floors up. He has however already refused to do the glass cable car ride ;-(.

Been to a family birthday party and now have 3 different residences to choose from when we return. But really how can we say no to Hotel Velasco!

Lastly we went Karting. Well I didn't but the others did. However hard Mark tried Jorge somehow managed to pip him at the post on the the lap times. Well Done Jorge. However going on the bruises Mark has got he didn't give up lightly. Crystal managed to find the accelerator and not the brake and smashed into a post. Whiplash and neck bruises a cert, and they wondered why I did not want to participate!!

Pics this time are of the Peterson Car Museum. I want the purple one! the Hockey game, karting and Hollywood. Enjoy, next installment from HK :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Pinks!!Pinks!!
Pinks!!

Famous Hotdogs. We waited an hour.
HollywoodHollywood
Hollywood

The view from our starting position


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb