Trip West 2007 #3 Napa


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone, We’ve had a really fun time the last 2 days in Napa Valley. We’ve got free internet today on the Verizon phone so we decided to take advantage and send a short update.

Boy, the trip over from Yosemite to Napa was NOT fun! We got to within about 30 miles or so from Oakland and San Francisco and the traffic was horrific! It took us an hour to go 5 miles and across the Sears Point toll bridge over San Francisco Bay in 10 lanes of traffic moving at a crawl. I’ll find a better route next time.

Napa Valley though is really an awesome sight, we had no idea the meticulous care that goes into maintaining the vineyards. Shawn would really enjoy this. Went on several wine tours and tastings…. Mondavi, Artesa and V. Suattui which is a small private vineyard that only sells at their vineyard….they had a deli and picnic grounds that was great. Kris, you would love this place!

The price of fuel is really high here…gas about $3.50/gal. Diesel is cheaper but still about $3/gal.

We can’t get over the weather. We haven’t had a drop of rain
Mondavi vineyardsMondavi vineyardsMondavi vineyards

They make cheap and expensive wines, especially cabs
since we left Texas. One interesting fact in Napa is that they say it basically doesn’t rain at all between memorial day and Thanksgiving. Each plant is individually watered with an irrigation system. You can have one area that is only good for cab grapes and another 3 miles away that only produces Sauvignon Blanc. Wish we had another day here to visit Sonoma valley. You guys need to all get RV’s and we’ll caravan back out here and do it up!!!

Well thanks for your comments….it’s nice to hear from friends and family.

Hope you all have a great memorial day!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

mmm....good!mmm....good!
mmm....good!

Needless to say we found a lot to like!


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb