Still Alive


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Napa Valley
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So-cal to nor-cal, and departing tomorrow for Pacific Island Paradise.

Staying with family friends at an almost self-sufficient ranch on the northern coast. It is beautiful, with great food (best home grown lamb and veg ever!), and lots of fun company. We even got to have a shower and do some laundry. Did you know, dirty laundry can asexually reproduce in the compression sack, bursting out to fill an entire room!

Have seen a lot between here and LA, and it's obvious there is never enough time to do PCH (Hwy 1) properly. I loved the wild Cornish-style nor-cal better, alex the surfer-bum beaches and warm water of so-cal.

Seen beautiful sunsets, camped (and blown away) only steps from the beach, worn the same pair of pants til they could walk off, and loved the flip-flops and basking in the sun. Been up-close to sea otters, elephant seals, and north american condors (oh and lots of jellies etc at the brilliant monterey bay aquarium).

Signing off from the mainland usa. Thanks for the messages.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb