Malibu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Malibu
February 13th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So today we hit the beaches of Malibu, birthplace of the Mal and Mini-Mal surfboards. Clean waves peeling out across the Bay (and that's only one of the beaches) enticed Alex, and we surfer-watched for quite a while, while eating lunch. I am sick of making sandwiches on a teeny plate in the car!! (Mum I have nothing but admiration for the millions you must have made!)

I persueded Alex (not that it took much) to hire a board and surf Malibu Lagoon, but unfortunately the only hire shop (not a patch on Newquay!!!) was closed, as we presume the owner was on a long ride break. Apparently it's been flat here for weeks so who blames him. We eyed up a few boards on car roofs, but decided stealing was perhaps not very friendly, so gave up. Another day.

Advertisement



14th February 2007

Wonderful life
You two are obviously having a whale of a time. Glad you appreciate the sandwiches; I did consider writing a book entitled "Places where I have made sandwiches"! Happy travelling and see if you can earn any more board by lecture tour! Love Mum and Dad.
14th February 2007

sounds fab
glad that you're both safe and well. V jealous. But spring is on it's way. It was still sunny at 5pm! xxx
17th February 2007

:)
Well you have quite a few days left! Btw Phil - from reading your comments its good to know you've not changed! xx

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb