Reunion with Nadxi/Jerry Calif Coastal Paradise


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3078, -123.798

Got up and walked down to the beach to check out what the water looked like. We were also going to see if we could get a phone signal.

We had talked to a couple in site 15 and they told us of way to walk through the woods along the creek to get to the ocean. It was much nicer than walking along the road.

By taking the path through the woods we also ended up on the beach across from where you would have had to walk through water to get to the beach coming from the parking lot.

The wind was really whipping but it was a beautiful sight. We were able to get signal and heard they were on their way.

We headed back and stopped and talked to the workers replacing the roof on the community center. Got a short history lesson from them about the park and the area in general.

As we were heading back to the campsite, up drove Jerry and Nadxli, both totally stressed and exhausted. Great news for us. The people in #17 were leaving and it was the perfect spot for us. There is a large shady area under some redwoods to place the tents, then the picnic and fire area for the rest of our area.

One funny moment that unfortunately I did not get on film was Robert carrying the our huge REI Base Camp 6 tent on his back to our new campsite. (This new tent is quite large so quite a sight!)

Got everything moved, ate lunch, then short nap and we were ready for some more adventure! Decided to drive into Mendocino and check out the village and get some more fuel for our stove.

Mendosa's Market in Mendocino is a very nicely stocked store with an amazing variety of things to buy grocery and otherwise.

Got some groceries and then drove back toward the campground. It is apparent we will have to come back and sspend some time here appreciating the scenery.

We all walked down to the beach and had a happy hour as we watched people in kayaks and surfboards out in the water. There were also some abalone divers out there as well. This evidently is the season for free-diving for abalone.

Robert bought some wood from the Campground hose , I collected driftwood pieces and we all went back and had a very nice fire, dinner and caught up on news of each other.



Additional photos below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb